Summer is a special time of year. The kids are out of school, it’s time to travel and cross a few items off of your bucket list. However, summertime is especially fantastic for Floridians since our weather lends itself to a relaxed, laid back lifestyle.
Consider designing your home to feel like summer vacation all year round!
Think bright pops of color paired with light classic neutrals. Nooks for reading and napping, an ideal outdoor table complemented with comfortable chairs for dining alfresco, entertaining and lazy days of lounging by the pool enjoying the long days and nights of summer.
As a designer I’m intent on designing a life and home that I love which includes being ready to enjoy the summer in whatever form it takes. For me summer means:
- Light and easy cotton or linen dresses, espadrilles, sunglasses and straw hats.
- Pool floats, chaise lounges paired with a fabulous umbrella and striped beach towels.
- Picnic outings on the boat to watch the sunset from a sandbar!
Regardless of your ideal summer day it’s all about being intentional with your time and your circumstances and frankly, Florida circumstances are fabulous for a little languishing in the heat and endless idle days by the pool.
Pure Style tips for a perfect Florida Staycation:
- Stock up on lots of sunscreen
- Choose your summer reading list
- Curate a summertime playlist for perfect tunes by the pool
- Plan your menus and have your pantry stocked
- Gather lots of fresh herbs and fruit for refreshing spritzers and sangrias
Granted, we can’t all live on the beach. However, we can help you to design your home in a relaxed beachy style fashioned for lounging and living well, to make everyday feel like a beach house destination and in such a way to enjoy the weather to the full.
As part of our creative process we look at your rooms to determine what is needed in order to enjoy the space to its fullest potential and in a way that brings you joy and fits in with your lifestyle!
Perhaps you’ve had your Neal home for a few years and now you’ve realized after acclimating to Florida that it’s time for your home to look and feel like Florida too. It’s time:
- For a fresh design to correspond with your new Florida lifestyle.
- To lighten up your finishes to reflect the warm sunlight and the sparkling gulf.
- To update your furniture for a comfortable, calm, coastal vibe.
- To make your home your favorite summer destination that invites relaxation.
For inspiration and to see our design work here’s a great place to start:
We have 5 new models open at Indigo:
Let us help you to create a home you love as you design the life you love!
We’re here to take the guesswork out of the Florida lifestyle. We have the experience since we’ve been here our whole lives!
Let’s get started designing your Summer Staycation!